Five healthy drinks to enjoy on New Year´s Eve
Eating 12 grapes ,at the pace of 12 strokes, so the good luck will be with you, having lentil dinner so that next year will bring wealth, wearing red underwear to be loved, throwing water through your window to remove the bad vibes are some customs that take place during the December 31 in countries like Spain, Italy, Mexico or Uruguay.
Although the traditions are different, the festival that takes place on New Years Eve is common to all these countries. Groups of friends enjoy overnight a great evening dressed in their gowns with lots of dancing, laughing and, in many cases, drinking.
To avoid the excesses of alcohol, which may cause you do not go to the traditional family New Year meal, we leave a series of healthy drinks that will not harm your health and are perfect for maintaining a balanced diet.
Five healthy drinks to enjoy on New Year’s Eve
– Christmas Punch: besides not having alcohol, this delicious drink ginger incorporated in final part of preparation. First you have to mix in a jar of apple juice low calorie cranberry juice and lemon juice, then add the ice and ginger root which has been previously boiled. Ginger has antioxidant properties to the body and, among other benefits, helps to have a good digestion and helps to keep cholesterol levels normal.
– Refreshing mint and cucumber: This combination is an ideal drink if you’re dieting because it will help you control your weight while enjoying a cocktail. Its preparation is very simple since you just have to chop mint leaves, rub the rim of the glass with lime juice, mix together the remaining cucumber juice and put it to cool to serve very cold.
– Non-alcoholic Sangria: although it is difficult to find in a bar, it is a healthy drink for New Year’s Eve, and that has nothing to envy to the original to retain its refreshing character. The great feature is that it replaces the red wine juice of Granada, but also uses water, sparkling water and orange juice.
– Fruit Sorbet: suitable for people of all ages, fruit sorbets aid digestion and the fact of not having alcohol causes decrease your caloric intake and is a healthy drink. Apples, oranges, raspberries and strawberries are some of the fruits most commonly used to flavor sorbet, whose only drawback is the sugar from them. For making them must firstly, crushed fruits, and secondly boil sugar water to obtain a syrup. Before serving this refreshing drink to mix both sides and cool in the freezer.
– Water: it may seem obvious, but water is the healthiest drink for the body as it provides energy, strengthens the heart, cleans toxins from the body and promotes good digestion. This has meant that more and more people eat at lunch and dinner, but also when it comes to partying water has ceased to be a taboo drink.
With all these recommendations will enjoy a year-end party with friends and doing all taking care of your health. In 2016 a healthy lifestyle!
Enjoy these healthy drinks!